Code of Ethics for Board Members of the Cambridge Isanti Soccer Club
As a member of the board team, I will:
- As a board member, I will adhere to the mission of the club.
- Listen carefully to my fellow board members/teammates.
- Respect the opinion of my fellow board members.
- Respect and support the majority decisions of the board.
- Understand that authority is vested in the full board and attendance is important in order to hold a quorum therefore:
- Agree to adhere to this attendance policy. Any board member missing more than four meetings (without reasonable valid excuse) shall be removed from membership in the interest of maintaining quorum.
- Will come to meetings prepared, with an open mind in order to make well-informed decisions.
- Participate actively in board meetings and actions.
- Bring to the attention of the bard any issues I believe will have an adverse effect on the organization to those we serve.
- Refer complaints to the club President or Vice President.
- Represent all those whom this organization serves and not a particular interest group.
- Recognize that my job is to ensure that the organization is well-managed, not to manage the organization.
- Consider myself a “trustee” of the organization and do my best to ensure that it is well-maintained, financially secure, and always operating in the best interest of those we serve.
- Always work to learn how to do my job better.
- Declare conflict of interest between my personal life and position on the board and abstain form voting when appropriate.
As a member of the board team, I will not:
- Criticize fellow board members or their opinions in our out of the boardroom.
- Use the organization for my personal advantage or that of my friends or relatives.
- Discuss the confidential proceedings of the board outside the boardroom.
“Therefore, as a board member of Cambridge Isanti Soccer Club, I acknowledge and commit that I will observe a high standard of ethics and conduct as I devote my best efforts, skills and resources in the interest of Cambridge Isanti Soccer Club and its members. I will perform my duties as board member/director in such a manner that members’ confidence and trust in the integrity, objectivity and impartiality of Cambridge Isanti Soccer Club are conserved and enhanced. To do otherwise would be a breach of the trust which the membership has bestowed upon me”
Welcome to the Home of the Cambridge Isanti Soccer Club
Thank you to everyone who signed up to be a volunteer!